Monday, June 18, 2007

Microsoft Visual Studio Codename "Orcas" Beta 1 (VS 2008)

MS have released first beta version of its Visual Studio Codename "Orcas". Officially it will be Visual Studio 2008.

For a long time I was of bad opinion about MS & its products. However while writing programs I've realized that it is not an easy work & bugs always appear & and in such a complex structures as e.g. Windows it's almost impossible to find all bugs during beta testing. So now my attitude to MS products is not so bad as it was in the past.

I've decided to try MS Visual Studio Express Edition. At first I've used VS 2005 and now I switched to VS 2008. It's my trait — I love to be on the front edge of technology, though I'm not always able. :( Of course sometimes VS crashes, but this is not common case and I haven't got significant problems with that, in spite of Safari... At first I've used Express Edition which is free, but now I've decided to try Pro version which is free while in beta. Of course after beta period will expire I would have to return to EE, but now I want to understand "What is pro version and how it differs from EE and my favourite PSPad Editor". I think it will be good to compare VS and PSPad. However, to be honest, these are products of different types: VS is an IDE, while PSPad is a text editor, which can be used as an IDE. So to make comparison richer I think it will be useful to add to it Notepad++ and may be Netbeans:I haven't got much experience with it, but little portions of work in it make me feel that it is rather good IDE.

So... It seems I've found a good source of posts for this blog: write about software I like and don't like and why. All in all, I think PSPad is worth giving him a chance. :)

No comments: